What can I do on the Ideas screen?
View your Ideas
Tap the My Ideas tab to view all your ideas, even the completed ones.
View your saved ideas:
Tap the My Ideas tab and then navigate to Tracked Ideas to see other users’ Ideas you are tracking.
You can track other users’ Ideas by clicking into them and tapping Track Idea.
View all ideas:
Tap the My Ideas tab and then navigate to All Ideas to see all the active Ideas in the Upside universe.
What are ideas?
Do you think that a stock will go up or down in the coming weeks or months?
If you have an opinion - you have an investment idea!
We believe that anyone can have great investment ideas, not just professionals.
We also believe that articulating and tracking your investment idea will help you become a more intentional and confident investor.
Upside allows you to create and track your own ideas as well as view and save the investment ideas of others.
Learn more about Ideas by watching our Upside Academy Shorts video.
How do I create an idea?
Go to the company page of a stock you have an opinion on and select 'Bullish' or ' Bearish'.
- You're Bullish if you think the stock price will go up. - You're Bearish if you think the stock price will go down.
To create an Idea on a stock - all you need is five factors:
- Sentiment Do you think the stock price will go up and down over the next while? (You've already done that by selecting 'Bullish' or 'Bearish'.
- Rationale What are the reasons for your sentiment on a stock? - We've created a simple word cloud with some reasons which you can add to your Idea. - Select pre-populated reasons from a list of categories.
- Timing Select a timeframe for your idea - 3 / 6 or 12 months. The start date will be the day you create the Idea - the target date will be the timeframe from the date you created the Idea.
- Target Price How much do you think the price may rise or fall? Use our pre-populated % options, or enter in a custom price.
- Confidence level How confident are you in your investment Idea? Select your confidence level from 1-5. 1 = Not confident 5 = Very confident
Publish your Idea!
At Upside, we believe that sharing investment Ideas will help users validate their own ideas and find investment opportunities by viewing the Ideas of others.
Need some investment inspiration?
Need some investment inspiration? Investment Ideas can come from anywhere! Take a look at these blogs to get you started.