Go to the instrument page of a stock you have an opinion on and select 'Bullish' or 'Bearish'.
- You're Bullish if you think the stock price will go up. - You're Bearish if you think the stock price will go down.
To create an idea on a stock - you need to consider five factors:
- Sentiment Do you think the stock price will go up and down over the next while? (You've already done that by selecting 'Bullish' or 'Bearish'.
- Rationale What are the reasons for your sentiment on a stock? - We've created a simple word cloud with some reasons which you can add to your idea. - Select pre-populated reasons from a list of categories.
- Timing Select a timeframe for your idea - 3, 6 or 12 months. The start date will be the day you create the idea - the target date will be the timeframe from the date you created the idea.
- Target Price How much do you think the price may rise or fall? Use our pre-populated % options, or enter in a custom price.
- Confidence level How confident are you in your investment idea? Select your confidence level from 1-5. 1 = Not confident 5 = Very confident
Publish your idea!
At Upside, we believe that sharing investment ideas will help users validate their own ideas and find investment opportunities by viewing the ideas of others.
Learn more about Ideas by watching our Upside Academy Shorts video.