To keep our community a safe place, please ensure you read through these Community Guidelines before commenting.
Any content within the Upside app is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as investment, financial, or other advice.
Nothing contained on this website constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by anyone (including Upside or any of its employees) to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Assumptions made in any analysis are not reflective of the position of any entity and is not intended to be investment advice and should not be relied upon by users in making (or refraining from making) any specific investment, purchase, sale or other decisions.
- You agree to act in a responsible and legal manner when using the App. You shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules and undertake not to use the App for any unlawful purpose, for the commission of any offence or crime under the laws of any jurisdiction to which access is obtained through the App or in a manner which is likely to cause harm, offence or nuisance to any other Internet user.
- You agree not to use the App to: ◦ post content that is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or harm of any kind against any group or individual; ◦ post content that contains violence, or offensive subject matter; ◦ post or promote information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous; ◦ post content or initiate communications which are unlawful, libellous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable; ◦ post content that furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities; ◦ create a false identity on the App, impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your name, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity; ◦ use the App for any illegal purpose, criminal or tortious activity, including but not limited to, fraud, spamming, spamming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement or theft of trade secrets; ◦ upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communications which include information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or other relationships (such as proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements) or which infringes any intellectual property rights; ◦ upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation; ◦ upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programmes or similar computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, limit or adversely affect the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; ◦ attempt to gain unauthorised access to the App, in particular the non-public areas, the server on which the App is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the App; ◦ attack the App via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack; ◦ interfere with or disrupt the App or servers or networks connected to this App, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to this App; ◦ display on the App or use in connection with the App any pirated software or any copyrighted materials or counterfeit materials without the permission of the copyright holder; or ◦ display on the App or use in connection with the App any materials which in any way infringe the copyright, other intellectual property rights or proprietary rights of a third party or which may otherwise render Upside liable to the payment of damages to any third party.
- Upside reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in our opinion, violates this provision, including, without limitation, reporting you to appropriate law enforcement authorities.
- As per our Terms and Conditions, we reserve the right to remove or suspend any material posted which is, in our sole opinion, in breach of this clause, or which we suspect to be in breach of this clause at our absolute discretion. Upside shall be entitled to terminate your registration for breach of this clause.
- Any material or content you transmit or post to the App shall be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
- You understand that by posting materials and/or information on the App or otherwise providing materials to Upside via any media, you are granting us a worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable licence to use such materials and information for any purpose in the course of providing the App or offering services.
- You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the materials and/or information posted by you on or through the App or otherwise have the right to grant the licence set forth in this section 5, and (ii) the posting of your materials and/or information on or through the App does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, moral rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of any content posted by you to or through the App.
- You are permitted to print and download limited extracts from the App for your own personal use provided that: ◦ no documents or related graphics on the App are modified in any way; ◦ no graphics on the App are used separately from the corresponding text; and ◦ Upside's copyright and trademark notices and this permission notice appear in all copies. Our status (and that of any identifying contributors) as the authors of any material on the App must always be acknowledged.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- You must not use, copy or reproduce any part of the materials on the App for commercial purposes or for use on any other digital platform without obtaining prior written consent to do so from us or our licensors.
- If you print off, copy or download any part of the App in breach of these Terms, your right to use the App will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
For further details on our Terms and Conditions, please visit the relevant page, here.